all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, March 21, 2014

Baked Flounder with Cornmeal Coating



Cornmeal and Fish go together like 
Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip!  
Yum!





This flounder has a crisp crust, not like it’s deep-fried, but crisp enough, without the mess of grease spattering ~ healthier!  It’s simple and makes for a good meal!
 

Baked Flounder with Cornmeal Coating

Ingredients:

6 flounder fillets
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
½ cup cornmeal
¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup milk
Non-stick cooking spray

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a shallow dish, combine salt, pepper, paprika, cornmeal and Panko.
Dip each fillet in milk, dredge in cornmeal mixture.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place fish on it.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily and is golden, turning once.
Serve


ENJOY!


Have a Fantastic Friday!





Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Pam.....
    Healthy and great tasting.....can't beat this combination!!

    Happy Friday....
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, That is some great looking flounder! Sign me up for dinner... Flounder is one of our favorite fish. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never combined cornmeal and panko, but I like the sound of it. Count me in.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Your intro made me smile too- "Like Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip (laugh).

    Happy spring!

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good. I like fried fish a lot and will try this healthier alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried baked fish with a crust, glad to know it works and I'm sure the panko helped with crispiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love flounder, I love fish, and I love baking it! I am definitely going to try your method! Now about that peanut butter in mayo comment?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to add more fish to our diet..this will be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds delicious and it is so much healthier too.
    I would enjoy it very much.
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL.. okay, I'm not really sure about peanut butter and miracle whip, but I do know that fish and cornmeal go excellent together. Love that you use a little panko in there too to give it an additional crunch!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam